1. God – I wasn’t really a heathen for the past years, but I did put Him in a box and set Him aside for a few years now, not because I didn’t believe in Him, but because of various reasons I made myself believe. But this year, after I set aside the “youthful and immature” emotions about God that I’ve accumulated over the years, and I started re-learning and learning new things about Him, then eventually falling in love all over again, but this time (hopefully) with a deeper and more mature sense of who He really is.
2. Football (that’s soccer to Americans and Filipinos) – Okay, I have to be honest and admit that I only started watching because of the hot men, but somewhere along the way, it stopped being about that (although I still ogle them, much to my guy footie friends consternation) and became about the sport that the rest of the world is crazy about. Good luck getting me out of the house on a Saturday night when the Premiere League games are on. And yes, my sleeping hours have been considerably lessened because of a stupid thing called time difference. And I’m ecstatic that a lot of Filipinos are starting to at least be interested in the sport coz of the Azkals.
3. Being home – ever since I was in college, I’ve lived away from home, except for weekends and the occasional bout of homesickness. But ever since I’ve made the decision to move back in with my Mom, brother and Lola, I’ve been excited to come home everyday, in spite of the traffic and the commuting hassle. As Dorothy said, “There’s no place like home”
4. DIY Scrapbooking – Out of boredom and joblessness, I started to make a few scrapbook pages, and all of a sudden, I was addicted to it, sometimes doing nothing else the whole day. But since scrapbooking materials are too expensive, I made do with recycling old planners, magazines, newspapers and postcards. It is nostalgic and therapeutic and I highly recommend it if you wanna let out your creative monster.
5. The Walking Dead. Arcade Fire. Inception. Deathly Hollows. Blue Bloods. Erwin McManus. Esperanza Spalding. Toy Story 3. Sherlock. Fernando Torres. Shutter Island. Black Keys. Xavi. Justified. Beach House. Donald Miller. FC Barcelona/Spain NT – I will be doing different posts on my favorite movies, TV shows, music, books, football teams/players. Pop Culture rocks!
6. Relevant Magazine – I keep raving and reposting stuff from their website and a lot of my new musical discoveries are courtesy of their recommendations. It still is my dream to put up something like this locally, and hopefully, it will come to fruition soon.
7. Early mornings with myself – I dunno if it’s coz I’m just getting older, but suddenly I’m evolving into a morning person (although I’m still a work in progress). The mornings where I find myself alone, sipping coffee, reading a book, physically writing, or just staring into space, are very precious to me.
8. OMF Literature – I can truly say that I love everything about my job, even the most difficult, tiring, painful parts. What the movement stands for, the books, the people, the devotions, the lunch break chikka minutes, the food, the coffee, the heart, the passion – these are just some of the things that I love. Probably, this is one of the best things that happened to me in 2010.
9. My techie combo of a notebook, blackberry, ipod touch and C3 – And no, I’m not boasting that I own all these things, but I really love the fact that they’ve made my professional and personal life all the more connected and fun, whether it’s updating my social networks, answering emails on the go, playing PvZ and Angry Birds, working and writing in a coffee shop, listening to music and podcasts.
10. The Wednesday Group – you know who you are so I won’t name names. You were the ones who didn’t give up on me even though I was lost. And now you are standing with me as we all together strengthen our faith. And the food every Wednesday ain’t bad either.
What (or who) did you fall in love with in 2010?