Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Making Lists
1. Lists are a great way of narrowing things down in an age where information is just too overwhelming at times. Ever since google and wikipedia came into being, everything you wanted to know about anything has been as easy as, well, 1-2-3. So looking at the “Top 20 ways to promote your bookshop on social networks” is helpful instead of reading a gazillion articles
2. Lists bring order to my otherwise chaotic and constantly multi-tasking brain. On the days when a million things seem to be going on in my head and in reality, taking time away from everything and just sitting down with pen and paper (yes, I prefer making my to do lists non-electronically) is my way of de-stressing.
3. Reading other people’s lists is fun! My favorites are Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide (pop culture), The Bleacher Report (football), Kickette (girly footie stuff), Spot.ph (local and international pop culture), Mashable (technology and social media) and of course, The Huffington Post (anything under the sun).
4. For a control freak like me, lists are just another way of me trying to control things around me. So yeah, lists aren’t always a good thing.
5. Lists discipline me as a writer. When I feel like running on and on about everything I know and want to say about something in particular, making a list like this, forces me to make stuff easier to understand and organize and makes things more concise.
And on that note, thus endeth the list.