I wont even bore you with the details of how my life has gone to crap the past few days. Just thinking about those things will make me want to…never mind
So instead of focusing on the crap, I just want to share with you the things that have been bringing me joy, be it big or small, new or rediscovered. It just might inspire you to take a look at your own crappy or happy life and be grateful for big and small blessings.
- My job – seriously. If it weren’t for my job, I would have probably lost it. And as much as I complain about certain clients, the lack of sleep, the stress, the pressure, you do know that deep down inside I am happy doing with what I am doing
- Bath by candlelight – my bathroom light is going bonkers so I started just using candles for my bath time. And even now that it’s fixed, I still prefer candlelight. Something about it is so relaxing, okay and yes, romantic even. Don’t ask me why
- Making playlists – For the past months I’ve just been putting my ipod on shuffle mode because I was too lazy or uninspired to actually choose what I want to listen to. But lately, I’ve rediscovered the joys of matching my mood or activity to what I listen to. There’s the “running around UP while emo-ing playlist”. Or the “trying not to die from boredom while running on the treadmill” playlist. Or the “I’m pretending to not be heartbroken aka not listening to bitter and sad songs” playlist. And of course my personal favorite “Shit, she’s listening to Sitti again so I better use my headset” playlist.
- Living on my own – don’t get me wrong. I miss my family like crazy. But there’s really something about living on your own that makes me feel good inside. Yes I’m broke, a lot of times hungry because I’m too lazy to feed myself, and sometimes lonesome, but at the end of the day, it feels good to know that you can actually take care of yourself. Plus, decorating your own place is always a joy
- Sondre Lerche – I want to marry him
- Christmas – I’m a Christmas girl, and I go gaga over the season, no matter what circumstances I am in. Puto bumbong, decorations, shopping for gifts, the songs. Who cares if I’ve never had a boyfriend during Christmas?
- Waiting for my best friend to come home this Christmas – Keyj! Beach in December? Yes please!
So your turn. What’s been bringing a smile to your face lately?